Thursday, June 5, 2008

My Skating Experience

Cea invited us to go skating at Mall of Asia after getting our books and I.D pictures in AC. I was with Myky, Cea, Nicole, and Bernice. Nicole and I didn't know how to skate so when we first stepped onto the ice we felt like we were going to fall because we couldn't find our balance. I couldn't move and my legs were shaking. I never knew it was this hard to skate. Me and Nikki were shouting "They make it seem so easy!". The both of us were struggling while Myky and Cea were having fun skating. I was so jealous at the little children skating, they were so cute, adorable, and so much better than me. So, Myky and Cea taught us how to skate properly. Yes, the "v" technique, the "lean-forward-but-not-too-forward" technique, and also the "be-one-with-the-ice" technique. While myky was teaching me, "snow" (which was actually just bubbles) started to fall down from the ceiling. Myky was like "look, it's snowing! let's go there!". That time, I still didn't know how to skate so myky just pulled me towards the snow but since I couldn't control my speed, I FELL, yes I fell. But, it was fun falling haha. I think people laughed at me (oh well, that's part of it, experience yan!). After that embarrassing moment I decided to rest for a while. I removed my skating shoes and whoalah! hello, blister!. Myky was kind enough to get me a band-aid from the kuya Med, Thank You :). Then, Bernice came, yey! But she stepped on her phone so it died :( R.I.P. After emo-ing with Bernice and Nicole for like 5 minutes, we went back to the rink. I was still struggling but at that time I already knew how to do the "v" technique my only problem was the balance and that's when Myky taught me the "use-your-hands-to-balance" technique. I practiced and practiced and practiced. After awhile I didn't notice that I was actually skating but not as good as the others. There were times when I was sliding involuntarily, luckily I was able to manage. I just skated and skated and after awhile I got the hang of it. Me and Bernice played snowball catching. It was hella fun but the others were tired so we decided to stop and grab something to eat. We ate at Shakey's, gosh I missed mojos!
So, that's it. I now know how to skate thanks to Cea and Myky and to Nicole and Bernice who were there to support me. Let's skate again! :))

Pictures. We didn't have skating pictures since Bernice was scared that her cam might fall.me and CeaBernice's PhoneThe thingThe passPeopleGarlic and onion pizza...I thinkMy plate ( I took this )Mojo jojos :))




No comments:

Post a Comment