Friday, March 13, 2009

It's almost over, goodbye highschool.

I can still remember the very first time I entered AC wearing the red plaid uniform. It was orientation day and I was late (haha). That was also the first time I entered the AV1 (which, if not all then most of us, never knew would be one of the most significant place in AC). Second day was "...a blur, a stressful, surreal blur (mean girls)" Everyone was shouting and the assumpta court was jam packed with people. I was super culture-shocked. For me, first year was hell. I didn't know how to adjust and I didn't know anyone, haha. All i can really remember right now are the days when I cried because i super, SUPER failed unit tests and exams. I was such a failure back then. My grades were just..eww. But first year wasn't that miserable and bad, because that year i met the nicest and the most generous friend ever...Ria Lim. She was (and still is ) always there for me. That year, I also met the two "bullies" - Mariel and Giselle. Oh my, i will never forget those days when you guys would just kick my chair during classes for no reason at all, well maybe for fun. yeah, tsk tsk. Bullies talaga! haha, but I learned that you guys are just really like that pala and somehow, I learned to love you. I miss those days when, ria, mariel giselle and i would talk about anime with AC, guia, missy and sam damaso. First year was also the year when i met laura, aubrey and conci and we would eat together and we were always groupmates (oh damn, that science 'predict-predict' project about fossil fuel that sir Cajigal made us do). My section, I-2 was...well the best! haha, hello, we won Shakespeare fest and pinoy dulamima! :P Oh! and that P.E cheer dance competition...haha, i was part of 'pep' under Elise. That was torture ahh but it was FUN!!! And of course, the most unforgettable field trip ever - Biak na Bato. Oh! i'd like to thank those people who made reviewers because without them...I'm probably still an undergrad right now. :P

Second year...
II-1: "We are a bunch of loners who finally found each other" Assumption with you guys was home. A shout-out to the best friends ever! Bernice, Cea, Nicole, Alex, Anna Marcy, Dana and Sophie! Life would've been boring without you guys. You made everything okay. I will never ever forget our mini salu-salo that most of the time ended up as a class food fest! Our never ending Maroon 5 and Panic at the Disco LSS

Pushing forward and arching back
Bring me closer to heart attack

I'd chime in with a "Haven't you people ever heard of closing the god damn door?!"
No, it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality...

I miss our retreat family..and Dana the Dora with her super short hair (and now super long!). I'll also never forget the new students that year. Sina campos, tish dalaygon, Luisa Benisano, eeka, issa, abby afable, and the others! ahah. oh yeah...who will forget that day when tish dalaygon punched herself during orals?! winner! :)) Second year was interaction year...with ateneo. I remember my partner was gabo yap..i think...yeah with bernice! We were also pissed off with our CA because she didn't allow us to present our interaction presentation! :) RAAAAKKKKEERR! Oh! sorry random, but do you guys remember that pinoy interpretative dance?.."anak, anak, anak ka ng asya?! " haha and II-1's ILANTAD MO, PAK PAK! I just love everything about II-1! My grades went up this year! haha. ETYOKLES! stupid florante and laura play but i had fun during the play yeah...morong guerero man! i forgot half of my lines. :P I had my first experience of an open party haha. We won Shakespeare choral again, Damn that blue and red cloth that i had to buy in carolinas. erg! oh my, our IP. shim I love you. haha.

Third year
I didn't know half of my class during the first week! haha. I was really sad because i felt alone and i really wanted to be with my second year section. Our barkada was separated. Alex, dana and I were in section 1. Nicole was in section 2, Cea in section 3 and Bernice, Sophie, and Anna Marcy were in section 4. Third year was really exciting coz of prom and that whole thing about Radical choice and chem and histo :)) haha. It was a very stressful year...tambak homework and tambak projects..cramming those reflection papers :|. I met a lot of people outside AC. We won pinoy dula sayaw awit or something haha. I miss being seatmates with Iano and Bea who decorated my planner with their pictures which made me look like a stalker! haha :) Who can forget intrams..everyone was against our batch! That little wedding in the MPH. :P . I don't remember na. Oh! tagaytay retreat :P

4th year
In my planner i wrote on the first day of june " Do not be afraid, learn how to take risks, learn to decide on your own...make good decisions, go out of the box and explore the world."
4th year - The most awaited year! This year was the most enriching and fulfilling thanks to the forever awesome English teachers. At first i was really scared because of research paper and the English teachers. I really thought they bite students. But they don't! I love them. I was super WOW-ed during my first double English period and the first passport. I learned a lot this past year! from love is an act of the will to live to the fullest! Fourth year was like english english English...and the research paper. I fell in love with the Av1 haha. I loved each and every lesson in English: Greek mythology, short stories, essays, poems, biographies, RP, media ed, Les Miserables, and Hamlet.
This year i was the pinoy beadle and Nicole too :) I got super close to Roxy and Bea A - The triggies! I totally went out of my box. :} I joined CIC, and i love them. Going through those interviews was scary and funny at the same time. I love you Kat and Nikki. Counting points during fair point drive was no joke. This year we started going to different universities to get applicationforms. I hated and loved filling up those application forms and taking those entrance exams. Kapatiran! hello Marlou, sorry i was a useless kapatiran sister :P. This year was full of lasts and full of firsts and i'm lazy to list them down. The really awesome first ever legacy concert. One month of hell because of integration week - Mall of Asia. Mboys :P Our Baguio retreat with father Edwin! The best retreat ever! CAT at the Mph and CAT hours spent in GK. and yes, INTRAMS! :) you know what happened.

The very stressful research paper! do you remember....
those days when we had to sacrifice our lunches just to run after the teachers...
those days when we had to go to the national library and bear the evilness of the people and the very hot temperature and the smell of old newspapers...
those sleepless nights and cups of coffee..
those wasted 3x5 and 5x8 index cards...
those days when some of us had to stay 'til 6pm at school just to submit something or make the teachers approve stuff...
Research Topic: How research paper causes mental retardation to students :P
those days of sembreak when we had to go to school to pick up our outline...
those useless days of sembreak..wait we didn't have a break :|
those bloody red marks on your RP draft that you worked so hard for...
those wasted illustration boards that some of us threw because we couldn't think of a graphic representation...
those nights we spent memorizing our bibliographies ( i had 21 :()...
Those minutes spent...shouting and jumping and shaking coz we were so scared...
Those seconds spent praying to God that your classmate will not pick your brown envelope...and
those horrible and I'm-going-to-die minutes spent on the platform explaining our research paper and praying to God at the same time....?
Research paper was hell but it taught me a lot of things and helped me 'go out of my box and explore the world'. It was fulfilling, it's something I'd want to experience again.


everything was so fast. I can't believe high school is almost over.
I'm totally gonna miss everything!

When you set out on your journey to Ithaca,
pray that the road is long,
full of adventure, full of knowledge.
Ithaca has given you the beautiful voyage.
Without her you would have never set out on the road.
Constantine P. Cavafy

4 comments:

  1. I love this post. High school really was the best. I'll miss everything and everyone, especially you Syd! >:D<

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete